Monday, November 12, 2018

Holiday Fun

I say it every time, but how quickly time passes never ceases to amaze me. I won't dwell on that though, because I absolutely love this time of year. There's a natural movement of themes every 3-4 weeks. It keeps things new and fun for the students and for us! In the past, I have loved using the seasonal sets of synonym and antonyms. It offers a colorful and creative way to target the same set of synonyms and antonyms.

Bundle: Seasonal Synonym & Antonym activities
Seasonal Synonym and Antonym Activities

More recently I've needed a way to target and review these sets in ways that students could more independently practice them. This kit offers multiple file folder activities that target synonyms, level 1 & 2 antonyms, irregular past tense verbs and irregular plurals. Students scan find anonyms pairs listed on presents and put them under a Christmas tree, add the whipped cream to the hot chocolate with the correct change in grammatical structure, add a star to a tree and place cookies on a plate.

Christmas Language Activities
 Christmas Language Activities

Once the sets are made or file folders are assembled, they are great "grab and go" activities to pull out through the holiday season for repeated practice. Especially since I've been averaging 3 IEPs a week for the past 9 weeks. Other ways to get through these weeks without an overload of stress will be coming soon. Until then, enjoy this time!!
Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love a good find!!!

November 7, 2019 Recently, I was at a local Dollar General Store just looking. I had a little bit of downtime in between two home visits...