Friday, November 30, 2018

Loving the Christmas Season!!!

What is is about the Christmas Season that motivates me to make and have fun seasonal activities? It's the craziest time of year for students. At my base school, students have the opportunity for a week to shop at "giftland" for gifts for their families. Preparation for the Christmas vocal program amps up, so practices are longer and happen more often and at different times then they are typically scheduled. Some classes are going on field trips to plays and symphonies. All are having class parties and the overall excitement of the season is overflowing. Lights and decorations are donned and often the regular lights are shut off and hallways are only aglow with the Christmas lights. This is actually a very calming addition and I love it!

Even though it is crazy busy and only usually about 3 weeks long, I have THE MOST seasonally-themed activities for this time of year. But there's always room for more. It's just so fun!!!!  I talked recently about the new set of file folder activities that target synonyms, antonyms, irregular past tense verbs, and irregular plurals. There are simpler levels where a single word is given and the student needs to find the one that is the match to the target pattern, but many of my students have chosen to try the activity with the most variation and information to sort through. I love how the little presents turned out. We had run out of cardstock so we printed them on regular paper and laminated them twice. My base school uses the thicker lamination anyway, so by laminating them twice they really turned out nice a sturdy. 


Christmas Language Activities
Get your Christmas Activity Pack Here

Or check out my other resources at my TPT store Stacey Parks, SLP.

Have fun and enjoy this festive time of year!
Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love a good find!!!

November 7, 2019 Recently, I was at a local Dollar General Store just looking. I had a little bit of downtime in between two home visits...