Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Why Speech in a Fishbowl?

I truly work in a fishbowl and I absolutely love it. Ok, so maybe I would also love a big classroom with large windows to the outside, but this is the next best thing! In my opinion, I am spoiled by the room I am given at my base school. There's enough space for me to spread out, space for my communication para that works in the classroom to keep her things along with space to work at a table with kids if she needs it. I also have another room that joins where the para that helps me in the speech room works as well. It's great because I can work with kids and be where the paras can always see and hear what I am doing and ask questions as they arise. On the other side of that coin, I am always able to see and hear how they are working with kids as well. Well, unless I am covering the other school district that I serve or doing visits for the infants and toddlers that I serve in the home. Or attending team (Autism, PDC, infant/toddler, assistive tech) meetings.......Oh the life of an itinerant SLP in rural Kansas. It definitely keeps me on my toes. 

Back to the topic at hand. Why Speech in a Fishbowl? It's probably the first novel thing that I can think of about myself. School is just getting started and although I would have rathered it look completely organized and cute, this is real life! Here's my room, and it's definitely my comfort zone!


Home Sweet Home

It used to be a computer lab. On the other side of the class is a hallway that actually makes a circle throughout the entire building. My room is at one end of the building. It's very close to the preschool classroom, kindergarten, 1st, 2nd and 3rd grades. Yep, I'm pretty spoiled!

If you're interested in other items inspired while in my fishbowl, check out my store on Teachers Pay Teachers. 

Have a great school year!!!

Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love a good find!!!

November 7, 2019 Recently, I was at a local Dollar General Store just looking. I had a little bit of downtime in between two home visits...