Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Phonological Pattern Activity Packs


Phonological Pattern Activity Packs

     Aside from The Sounds Books, these are the products that I am most proud of. Probably because I get the most use out of them. I studied at Wichita State University for both my undergraduate and graduate work. I got the opportunity to have multiple classes as well as practicum clients under Dr. Hodson. She's most notably known for the phonological cycles approach to phonological remediation. I have used this approach for the past 20 years with much success. It's important to have multiple ways to practice target words in a single session, but also as you review the same pattern for one to two weeks. These activity packs offer multiple ways to use the materials to practice the same phonological pattern. Each activity also has built in visual cues to help children see a beginning and end to the activity. When laminated they can be used over and over again. I've made a set for each school I service and have been able to target a pattern during a session and then send the packet with the para or aid in the classroom to use through the week to get extra practice time during open center time or spare time. It's worked out better than I could have imagined. 

Check out this and all my other materials by clicking on the link below. 

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Speech-In-A-Fish-Bowl


If you have any questions on this or any of the other activities email staceyparks.slp@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love a good find!!!

November 7, 2019 Recently, I was at a local Dollar General Store just looking. I had a little bit of downtime in between two home visits...