Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Wow!!! It's been a while!

It's amazing how quickly time can pass. I've tried to continue making resources, but the blogging part really got away from me. Yikes! 

The school year will be beginning soon, and my mind has been racing with excitement for almost two weeks already. I think that's what a really great summer will do for you! Yes, I want to take advantage of my last few days off, but I'm also excited to get started. I've got a really good feeling about this coming year!

 My main school district that I cover is the last one to start in my area, but meetings start for me early next week. I live in a rural area in Kansas. The special education cooperative that I work for only employs 4 speech-language pathologists. Needless to say, I get the opportunity to wear many different hats. I cover 2 of the smaller school districts in the county out of 5 school districts. Each district has a preschool as part of the elementary and I service the middle and high school students too.  I am also the speech-language pathologist that services the infant-toddler program in the county. In addition to this, I am a trained mentor, serve on the professional development committee, assistive technology committee and the autism committee. I'm still looking for other opportunities to fill my time (just kidding!). 

Since I've been employed the longest where I work, I've been assigned to be the mentor for any new speech-language pathologists hired, which has been almost a yearly occurrence for the past 8 years or so. This past summer, I attended a leadership training specifically designed for mentors. With more specific requirements coming into place, it's motivated me to get even more organized. My SLP Orientation, Mentor Information, and beginning of the year resources packet is a collection of the resources that I use most and will use as I train new staff. Included in this packet is a list of general mentor/mentee topics, Quality IEP writing and paperwork self-audit, 2018-2019 school year attendance log on one page, clinical notes/medicaid billing log, IEP due dates list page, and a blank daily schedule.





I hope you also have a great start to the new school year! Thanks for following and if you have any questions, please email me at staceyparks.slp@gmail.com.

You can also see the rest of my resources at my store on Teachers pay Teachers                       Speech in a Fish Bowl.

Hmmmm, maybe my next post should be why I named my store Speech in a Fish Bowl. 

Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love a good find!!!

November 7, 2019 Recently, I was at a local Dollar General Store just looking. I had a little bit of downtime in between two home visits...