Friday, July 26, 2019

Free Professional Development



Who knew???

 I certainly didn't. 


A year ago or so, I learned about the free online conference SLP Summit. I've been participating in this great free professional development through the SLP Summit this past week. They've all been great! I was a little late signing on to the webinar on CAS last night. I'd like to go back and listen to her presentation again. They are available through August 8th, I believe. If you pay an administrative fee, they will report your time to ASHA, but even if you don't, you can still print the certificates and use the hours (CMH hours) towards your 30 hours of professional development. 

Anyway back to the CAS presentation. Jennie Bjorem, M.A. CCC-SLP was the speaker and you quickly realize how passionate she is about this topic as well as how much she loves her students. She spoke about more free online training so I went to look for these resources and I found this free training that can also be reported to the ASHA registry. I'm excited to get started and wanted to share the resource with others. I'm not sure if this was the one she was referring to, but it looks like a great opportunity! 


This is helping me gear up for the school year. I'm always a little sad that the summer is over, but the beginning of a new school year is always so exciting that those feelings always beat out the feelings of sadness. I hope it's the same for you!

Stacey


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love a good find!!!

November 7, 2019 Recently, I was at a local Dollar General Store just looking. I had a little bit of downtime in between two home visits...